An easy to manage family bathroom
Mr and Mrs O are a young couple with a growing family. Having recently moved into their new family home, they wanted to get the bathroom just right for their long term family needs.
We identified the following requirements:
- A practical, modern bathroom was required in keeping with the home owners age and style.
- Easy to keep clean.
- The correct amount of storage.
- A high quality bath for the kids and a powerful, refreshing shower for the parents.
How we did it
- We built a stud wall at the back of the room to fit a large bath recess for bathing and shower storage and also fitted an easy to use shower valve that controlled the bath filler and shower head.
- Installed a luxury 1700 x 800 reinforced bath that gives plenty of internal space for mum and child to bathe in and great width to shower in.
- We created boxing in to hide the concealed cistern, wc waste and basin pipes from view and avoids any nasty to get to corners that attract dust and smells.
- We knocked down the tired storage/combi boiler cupboard and rebuilt it with added storage and neater, push open doors.
- Removed the broken loft hatch and replaced it with a new, bespoke smart looking one.
- Replastered the ceiling and all walls and installed spotlights and extraction fan in the ceiling.
- Installed a large stainless steel towel radiator by the side of the bath, so in easy access to it, for the whole family to benefit from warm, dry towels.
- Added recess strip lights into the recess to give mood lighting and night light for the WC.
- Strengthened the floor, removing all creaks and squeaks, and laying new 6mm ply in preparation for the Karndean flooring, supplied and fitted by John Lewis.
- We finally then fitted new skirting boards around the room before painting all the walls and ceiling in a bright, white paint.
Client Review (taken from my Facebook Review Page)
“We recommend Paul to manage the installation of a new bathroom. He was friendly, reliable and the initial quote matched the final cost. He is professional in the way he looked after us, responding fast to any questions we had, and was excellent at project managing the different trades. Thanks to Paul and the team.”
Geberit Sigma 8cm Concealed Cistern with Sigma01 Chrome Flushplate
Duravit ME by Starck Back to Wall WC pan and soft close seat
Duravit ME by Starck 60cm Basin and Semi-Pedestal
Vado Ascent Basin Mixer
Carron Quantum 1700 x 800 Carronited Bath
Vado Bath Filler Waste with click operation
Crosswater Mike Pro Thermostatic Shower Valve (2 Control)
Hansgrohe Raindance Select S120 3 jet Hand Shower
Kudos Inspire 3 Panel Bath Screen
Roper Rhodes Summit Mirrored Wall Cabinet
Led Lighting Tape Kit
JIS Ouse 700 x 520mm Stainless Steel Towel Radiator
JIS Beacon 1650 x 520 Stainless Steel Towel Radiator
Dansani Mido Tall Storage Unit
Nature Grey 240 x 690mm Ceramic Tiles (Walls)
Nature Grey Mosaic Tiles (Back of Recess)
RANGE: EVERYDAY LIVING. PROJECT COST: £10,700 incl. Vat.